Ringstrasse, like many streets in Most, was renamed several times: it was Dr. Miroslava Tyrše Street, then Konrad-Henlein-Strasse, then Stalinova Avenue, and then again Okružní Street.
The residential house and the related outbuildings at Ringstrasse 389/33 were bought in 1909 by the Jewish couple Ernst (Arnošt) and Kamila Mühlstein. The land register recorded that they owned the property equally half and half. Ernst, who had been living in Most since 1900, traded in recyclable materials, bones, rags and scrap metal. However, he also ran a forwarding business in Okružní, first with horse-drawn carriages, later with trucks. He also owned two petrol pumps in front of the house, probably the first in Most. The Mühlsteins moved to Okružní with their children Josef (called Peppo), Anna and Robert. The last son, Hanuš, was born in Okružní Street.
Daughter Anna married and lived in Jičín since the end of the 1920s, Hanuš trained as a locksmith and then graduated from the engineering technical school in Pilsen, Josef and Robert stayed with their parents in Most. After the annexation of the Sudetenland, Ernst, Kamila, Josef and Robert fled to Prague.
Look at the photos: the bottom photo shows Ernst, Kamila, Josef, Anna and Robert Mühlstein around 1909, in the middle Ernst and Kamila Mühlstein, above a photo of Kamila Mühlsteinová wearing a Protectorate citizen's ID.
Photos from the Mühlstein family archive.
What do you think the red stamps “J” and “Ghettoisiert” printed on the ID card mean?