After 1907, the Jewish Museum in Prague was located in Benediktská Street number 5.
The aim of the association was to try to save at least some of what was considered by many fellow Jews to be worthless and useless reminders of the former poverty and ghetto conditions. Collections of objects from donors and sponsors, but often also literally rescued from the ruins of the destroyed city, were first stored here.
In 1912, the association opened a permanent exhibition in today's Široká Street No. 7, and in 1926 the association acquired new premises in the former ceremonial building of the burial fraternity at the Old Jewish Cemetery.
Demolition of the Jewish town. Above, the demolition of the Zigeuner Synagogue in 1906, below right, the nascent Pařížská, then still Mikulášská Avenue, a modern boulevard for the new Prague.
Archive of the Jewish Museum in Prague.